Thursday 18 January 2018

Gorgeous and glorious fabric for TLJ Leia

I haven't done anything about TLJ Leia since the premiere. One of the main issues for me would be to find a new and better coat fabric. Still even if I haven't prioritized it, I have casually browsed from fabric from time to time. And this week I couldn't help myself, I just had to buy this fabric, and when it arrived it was better than I could have dreamt of.

Now actually getting the fabric was a bit of a quest. I saw the fabric on an online store on Tuesday, but decided to wait until payday to buy it. When I then checked up on it again on Sunday it was sold out, and I was devastated. One of my Facebook friends, who knew the store, told me to send an email and ask them though, and so I did.

The fabric was sold out, and they were not going to get more of it, but they did find two remnants of it and offered to put them in the webshop for me. I didn't hesitate but bought it all. There were two remnants one 2,5 m and one 1,6 m, so in total 4,1 m. That will be tricky, for the premiere coat I used around 4,8 meters. I will have to measure very carefully before cutting, and possibly make another mock up with the changes from the premiere coat.

Still I am so happy about this fabric and I can't wait to make a final version of this costume. I hae set a goal to have it finished for Nordsken in early May.

No comments:

Post a Comment