For many years I didn't want to get an insulin pump and one of the arguments I had was that I couldn't see how it would work with my historical clothes. Last year I started using the omnipod5 tubeless pump, but I have been worried about how to wear it.
The pump is also connected to a continous glucose meter (CGM) and they can't be too far away from each other. For me it has worked really well to keep the CGM slightly above my navel and then alternate the pump to the left or right of it. I switch the CGM every 15 days and the pump every 3rd day. It had worked to wear the deviced under my 16th century bodices, but then I had planned it so that the pump was slightly below the waist. Now it was time to test it with one of my victorian corsets though.I switched the pump 2 days before the party, which also meant that I wouldn't have to discard it too early if it didn't work. I placed it as far down as I dared, and with that it ended up at the lover edge of the corset. I also didn't lace it very tight below the waist, so that the pump and CGM wouldn't get too much pressure on them.
It worked really well the whole evening. I didn't feel any extra pressure on the devices and the regulated my insulin and blood sugar levels as usual, so they didn't get too compressed. I am really happy that it worked out, so that I can look forward to wearing more corsets in the future. I also realised that this corset must by now be 20 years old, sure I haven't worn it very much but I am actually a bit impressed that my sewing was this good 20 years ago and that it's still holding up,



No comments:
Post a Comment