Sunday 7 February 2016

Sewing day with my sister

Me and my oldest sister have our birthdays just one week apart, and since we both like to plan and cook food we usually celebrate them together, in the weekend between, with the family. This year we have decided for quite a grand theme, and we have made a seven course menu to go with it.

Of course if we are going to have a big dinner, we want to dress the part as well, so yesterday we sat down to create what we are going to wear. It's still just a family thing so we didn't want to spend money or too much time on it, so everything was taken from our stashes.

My sister has a smaller sewing space than I, but unlike me it's possible to use both her regular machine and her serger at the same time. So will she sewed on the regular I alternated between handsewing and serging.

I'm not going to spoil what we did yet, but I basically chose to add some sleeves and a new edge of the bodice, instead of the black wide ribbon to this old gown.

The only thing I had to work with was a chiffon scarf that I decided to sacrifice, it was 3 m long so I never used it, but it gave me some material to work with.

We have asked the rest of the family to dress up as well, so it will be interesting to see what they come up with. Theme parties are so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment