3 m of fabric is really cutting it close, for example I bought 5 m for my green wool 1520's gown. I still wanted to see if I could get a dress out of it.
This spring I have also bought a book about late 15th century fashion for women.
I started with my general bodice pattern that I made for the green gown. With inspireation from the book above I decided to add a centre back seam as well, and to shape the bodice in the back seam and side seams.
This is the base bodice pattern that I started with.
Then it was time to try and get a skirt out of the leftovers from the fabric. I managed with only one large seam to piece two fabric pieces together.
The finished gown, worn together with my first smocked shift.
And from the back. When I took the photos I was on my way from Tuna Ting, and had already ditched my veil, that's why my hair is uncovered.
I'm really happy with this dress, and it's cool and light. Perfect for hot summer days. In fact it was almost too cool for today's weather.