Wednesday 27 June 2018

A visit to Gamla Staberg

Gamla Staberg is part of the World Heritage of Falun, and I have used it restored mid-18th century garden for quite a few photo shoots, for example here and here. Up until now the mansion has been a private home, so not accessible. Over the last year, since the last tenant left the house, it has been going through a careful renovation and been restored back to more what it used to be like in the 1740s. On Midsummer's Day it was time to open it to the public, and I had been asked to come in 18th century costume.

I decided to go with my pet en l'air, since it was the one closest in time to the 1740s.



I had made a new trim for my hat, by simply gathering a ribbon and tacking it to crown.


I was really pleased with how my hair turned out. I more or less used the instructions for the "Summer" simple, pulled back style from 18th century hair and wig styling. The less was due to me not having the book at hand, so I had to improvise in the back a bit. Still my hair is long enough that I can make my own braid and pin it up, but it was hardly visible.



All in all it was a nice day out, and it will be realy nice to see what's going to happen now with the house. I even got a bit 18th century inspiration again, and felt that I really want a new petticoat to go over my pocket hoops and to finally make something with my reproduction fabrics.

No comments:

Post a Comment