Tuesday 4 February 2020

big change of plans

After a frustrating weekend I finally had a nice bodice that I was happy with. Tonight it was time to cut out the skirt. I knew that it would be tight when it came to squeezing out the skirt and sleeve from the available fabric. After a lot of puzzling this was the best I could do.

I could maybe eke out the skirt, but there would be sooooo much piecing, that there was no chance of it looking good, sleeves were out of the question. So I sat down and cursed all the gods and goddesses of the sewing pantheon, and then realised that I had to give up. I will not be able to make a velvet court gown.

I now need to decide what kind of fabric that I can buy to make the court gown, because I'm still set on making it. I will probably switch to silk taffeta and not velvet though.

As for all my scraps of velvet. It's still a gorgeous fabric, it's just not as much as I thought and it's all cut up in smaller pieces. My plan right now is to use it for my Daisy cosplay, but that means switching from the winter sports Daisy to the old tennis Daisy that look like this.


I should be able to get a short skirt, bodice and short sleeves from the fabric, and she will still be sporty, just in silk velvet instead of active wear fabric.

As for the bodice


I just don't have it in me to cut it up. At first I thought about using it as a base for Daisy, bt it's too deep in the front, and also too tight to be comfortable as a sport-inspired top. I will keep it, and when I'm done with Daisy I might see if I can turn it itno some kind of jacket, i there is enough fabric left for a pair of sleeves.


No comments:

Post a Comment