Sunday 13 June 2021

A quick summer wrap skirt

 I think a lot of people who sew have fabric in the stash that they are saving for something special, but maybe don't really know what that special thing would be. My special fabric has been in my stash for something like 12 years. It has felt special because my parents bought it for me in Fiji, when they made their last long trip together. I haven't been sure what I would do with it, I feel like it should be something special, at the same time I have been unsure on how much it would actually last for.

Well today I decided that the time has come, instead of fuzzing around and wait for the perfect inspiration. I have wanted to make a summer skirt, and this was the only fabric that I had enough of, so summer skirt it was.


As a pattern I used my by now standard skirt pattern. To make it a wrap skirt I added an extra half of the front panel, that goes over the rest of the front. It's fastened with two buttons at the waist.

All in all it took me 2 hours to put it together and I'm pretty happy with the result.

No comments:

Post a Comment