Tuesday 2 November 2021

Daisy crown and jewellery

 Of course Daisy needs a crown, earrings and brooch. This is where I got a lot of helps from my friends.  First Tom printed the crown, after a thingiverse design.

He also helped with finalizing the scale of the crown. Then I had to come up with a way to keep the crown on the head. My solution was to drill holes in the crown and attach thread loops through them. Then  I made a fingerloop braid that goes through the loops and that I can pin to through to fix it to my head. In hindsight I should have put the holes a bit further down on the crown, but I was worried that I would crack it if I put them too close to the edge.

This was a quick test to prove that it would work. Inside the crown I also have a hair donut, so I started with pinning that to my head, then I squeezd the crown over the donut, and the last pins are through the braid and into the donut. 

My friend Robin helped with casting the jewels in resin. The flowers are made out of 2 mm foam that were simply painted white. For the large brooch I reinforced it with a layer of worbla in the back, and I sandwiched a magnet between the worbla and the foam so that I can attach it to the dress. 


Finally the crown was painted gold with acrylic paint.

I also made a travelbox from cardboard and duct tape to keep it in.








No comments:

Post a Comment