Sunday 13 February 2022

A short visit to 1922

 I've started to learn myself to take more and more chances to dress up in historical dress. Yesterday there was the 100th anniversary of the Vasaloppet ski race, and to celebrate it the organizers had decided to make an anniversary race where the participants had to do the race in the same conditions and equipment as in 1922. Since the Swedish covid restrictions were lifted on Wednesday the organizers were very happy to invite the audience to cheer on the race, and to come in old fashioned clothes.

I wore my one hour dress, my handmaiden velvet cloche and a furcoat that I have inherited from my grandmother.


Here is a video of the winner, who finished the 90 km in around 7 hours.

Overall it was a nice little daytrip, and it is always fun to dress up.


No comments:

Post a Comment