Monday 1 June 2015

measurements

One thing about sewing that I both dislike and like is that it's necessary to know your measurements. It gives a good reality check though, knowing that this is actually my body. Also it makes it easier to notice any changes, more reliably than standing on the scales.

Well since I'm hoping to draft and drape a saque pattern this month I needed to take all my measurements in my desert rose stays. Thankfully my sister dropped by so I could get some help, I've found it impossible to get accurate measurements when trying to measure myself. Since I also don't trust that I will keep hold on the little note where we wrote everything down I'm going to share my measurements with you all. The numbers correlate to the numbers in Creating historical clothes, so I'm not going to tell you exactly which body part has which measurement.
  1.  162
  2. 36
  3. 40
  4. 104
  5. 67
  6. 84
  7. 120
  8. 15
  9. 47
  10. 70
  11. 35
  12. 27,5
  13. 16
  14. 46,5

No comments:

Post a Comment