I'm proud to say that I finished all the challenges, and in time as well. I even made one extra thing, so I did 13 HSM challenges. Going through my projects I can see that I haven't done much of really big projects that have fitted with the HSM challenges, but HSM is important for me to take the time and do those little extra things and accessories that are needed to complete a wardrobe, after all a costume is more than a bodice and petticoat. Not making a lot of big things also meant that I didn't stress too much about them, since I was sure that I could come up with something to do. HSM is also good for my stash, since I've mostly worked with stash material, and it's always good to make room for new fabrics. Right...
Going into 2015 here were my plans for the HSM:
#1 foundations - make a pair of 18th century stays
#2 blue - a muff
#3 stashbusting - ?
#4 war and peace - ?
#5 practicality - a petticoat or a shortgown
#6 out of your comfort zone - draping and making a pet en l'air
#7 accessorize - a fichu
#8 heirlooms and heritage - refit my folk costume
#9 brown - a pierrot jacket
#10 sewing secrets - ?
#11 silver screen - finish Queen Elsa
#12 re-do - ?
And here is what I did:
January - #1 foundations - The Desert Rose Stays
February - #2 blue - the Blueberry muff
March - #3 stashbusting - The handmaiden cloche hat
April - #4 war and peace - the three quarter tricorne
May - #5 practicality - the Edwardian corset cover and shirtwaist
June - #6 out of your comfort zone - a late 18th century bodice pattern
July - #7 accessorize - The Daisy hat
August - #8 heirlooms and heritage - refitting my folk costume
September - #9 brown - the pierrot jacket
October - #10 sewing secrets - the Dalecarlian pocket
I took the chance to hide some dye stains, hide a simpler and coarser fabric and embellish the pocket with some Dalecarlian runes, that most people today can't read. A lot of secrets in such a small little pocket.
November - #11 silver screen - the Demelza cap
December - #12 re-do - a cap and the blueberry cape
The cap was headwear nr 5 and a well needed addition, so I can cover my hair instead of making a big hairdo when dressing in 18th century clothing, and the cap was a fun little project making use of the very last remnants of the cotton velvet that I had used for both the muff and tricorne earlier in the year.
So to summarize my HSM year was a year of small projects, but I did finish them all. Now it's time to start planning what to do in 2016.