Wednesday 22 August 2018

Her Universe Endor Landscape dress

This is my newest addition to wearable cute Star Wars dresses, It's not really new though, in fact I bought it as a birthday present for myself back in February. Since it became possible to buy Her Universe products in Europe I have bought quite a few, and the site that is selling them has sales quite often. This is good because my opinion of Her Universe is really that it is hit and miss when it comes to both size and quality, and I'm very hesitant to buy them for full prize.

Official Her Universe photo
Back in March I posted about the Bespin dress that I had bought, and that I thought it was too big. I had gone up a size when ordering it to be on the safe side, I had bought it in a 2XL. The reason why I had sized up was this Endor Landscape dress, when it arrived it was way too small. In fact it was missing around 15 cm of width in the back for me to be able to close it. This is where Her Universe is inconsistent when it comes to sizing. Their jersey and stretch items seems to run big, while the Endor Landscape is a woven fabric and is quite small instead.

The quality of the dress is also so so. It is made of a thin cotton, that feels like sheeting. The print is really nice though. The stitching is sturd, but it is uneven. In the back one of the straps is fastened at the top of band going around the edge, and the other is fastened halfway down on the band.

Of course I got disappointed that I couldn't wear the dress, but I wanted to at least salvage the print and make it into something useful. Before going to Närcon I decided it was time to turn it into a wearable summer dress. I ripped away the zipper in the back. I then took a bit of black jersey and fastened it to edges, just big enough that I could stretch it enough to pull it over my head. I then took a purple satin ribbon and made thread loops that I fastend where the zipper had been, I also used the same satin ribbon as lacing.



At NärCon I wore it with my turqoise petticoat. It's needed to give the skirt a bit more flare. It fits great over the bust, with the cup being perfect for my C-cup, larger busted women might have problems though.

Once again my opinion of the dress is that it is fun, but you need to be weary of the sizing, and I recommend that you buy it at a sale rather than paying fullprice for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment