Tuesday 5 August 2014

Less than a week left

The wedding is on Saturday, and I'm starting to look forward to being able to clean up my living room from all the wedding gown things. The gown is mostly finished, I need to add some details and finishing, but it fits and my sister is happy with it. Now I only need to make the outfit I want to do for myself. I want it to be a three piece thing with skirt, corset and jacket. I've only to hem the lining and attach the waistband to the skirt and bind the edges of the corset, but I'm not sure if I will be able to make the jacket in time.

Some things have arrived here in the last week though, for future projects.

First of all the book about 18th century hair and wig styling, I haven't tried any of the hairstyles yet, duh, but having read through them they don't look too hard. I happen to be invited to a small Venetian ball next week and I really hope that I will be able to restyle Marguerite, my wig, into something at least inspired by the book. Those foam rollers will hopefully help. I've bought them to be able to style my own hair though.

Finally the Styrofoam ball is part of my next big costume project, my fingers are really itching to get started on that one, but I'm also worried since it's going to involve working with hard materials as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment