Sunday, 26 March 2017

Productive weekend

This weekend Cosplay Dalarna organised a full weekend of cosplay. We had access to a big place with some sewing machines and plenty of space and table room for all of us. There was a lot of foam moulding going on, but I brought my own sewing machine. I'm almost finished with my emergency Celebration project, so I feel confident that I will have something new to wear. I will post more about that later though.

I also took the time to continue on my 1950's half hat.

I got it covered in fabric. The fabric is actually the an old ballgown that I made in 2005. It's polyester and that ballgown has been used as a playdress both Indoors and outdoors. I managed to get it fairly wrinkle free with the help of a lot of steam. Still there were some permanent damanges to the fabric, but I don't think they will be too visible. I simply glued the fabric on to the hat form.

I also added combs to the inside of the hat so it will be secured on my head.

Now it's time to decide on the decorations of the hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment