Tuesday 7 May 2019

Lady Poe sleeve's

I'm working on and off on the Lady Poe. I think I'm not stressed enough to put in an extra gear to get it finished, I'm also doing the long seams on the skirt and it's so boring that I find it hard to motivate me. Today it was Tuesday and I brought the sleeves with me to our Cosplay Dalarna crafting evening.

For the pattern of the sleeve I'm using my oldest 18th century pattern, my ugly pink satin jacket based on jacket C on page 26 of Patterns of Fashion 1. The sleeve fit fairly well though so when I trashed the jacked I reused the lining of the sleeve as a pattern for future 18th century pieces. I've used the pattern for my pet en l'air as well.

The sleeves are fully lined. In order to sew them together I first sewed the outer fabric, and one side of the lining together.


I sewed them together with a backstitch. From experience I'm stressing the sleeve seam a lot so I wanted it to be as strong as possible.


I then folded the other piece of the lining of over the raw edges of the first seam and hemstitched it in place, making sure to only cath the bottom layers so that the sttches wouldn't be visible on the outside.


Now it's only to press the sleeves and finish the main robe so that I can attach them to it.


No comments:

Post a Comment