Sunday 16 June 2019

Lady Poe v.1 finished

I wanted to have a post with just my finished Lady Poe.

I am calling this my v. 1. There are so many things I'm happy with, I really got the fit of the robe right, and the length is perfect. I still want to change some things though. The sleeves are a bit long, I would like to shorten them so that they really end at the elbow. The main thing I want to change is the trim though. Now I'm happy with the look of it, but unfortunately it wasn't enough to pink all the edges. It frayed dreadfully so I will have to take off the trim, repink it and stabilize the edges in some way. I also still have some tiny amount of fabric left so I can add more trim. I think I will try and make some trim for the petticoat, but I'm not sure it's going to be enough for that.

For now though here are some photos of the whole ensemble.

This photo was taken by the official photograper Viveka Sjölund. I love how this sideview really shows off the serpentine trim on the robe, and it's in no way visible that I taked it on the last thing in the night and morning before the ball. Also look at my giant sleeve ruffles!



A robe à la Francaise is at its best when you move in it though, here is a quick video of me walking in my robe. I was a bit stressed so I'm not exactly walking gracfully, so concentrate on the flow of the robe instead.




No comments:

Post a Comment