Wednesday 12 August 2020

I have a gown

 After several days of slowly resewin the skirt to the bodice of the 1520s gown, I now have a gown.


It fits really bad on the dressform since it'sjust pinned shut, the dressform has also lost its hips and is set to a much shorter height than myself. The fabric isn't going to pool quite as much when I'm wearing it, but it is going to be a monster to hem.

It also felt really good to try it on and have it fit. When I realised that the bodice was too long I got quite crushed and was afraid that the end result would not be worth all the time and money that I have spent on it. Now when I tried it on it felt a lot better, and I have my energy back for the project.

Now I'm going to let it rest for a while and then I have only three moments left, reattaching the lacing strips, adding the border around the neckline and then the hemming. I'm hoping to have the whole gown finished before the end of August.

One reason why I really want to finish the gown is that at moment I'm really excited about making the hood with the gold embroideries for the gown, and I can't start on it until I've finished the gown.

No comments:

Post a Comment