Friday 28 August 2020

Star Wars Celebration in the back mirror

 When this year started my plan was to spend this week in Anaheim and having fun at Star Wars Celebration. This headline of this blog is that it's about Star Wars and historical costuming, and this year I have hardly posted anything Star Wars. There is a simple reason. With everything being cancelled I have realised that for my cosplay projects I really need an event to make them, while it's easier to keep me motivated with historical projects even if I don't have anything particular planned for them.

Anyway I feel like a bit of retrospective, so here are my favorite Celebration photos that I have found here on the blog, I haven't found any from C3 in 2005 and C4 or CE in 2007, they were saved on photobucket and have been lost from the web.

My cancan trooper from 2010 and 2012 is the biggest success I've ever had with a costume at a Celebration.




2013 in Essen, and the joy of finding another A-wing pilot. 

The tusen ladies are also from Essen, I actually sold my headpiece on the convention, but still haven't built my new one.

Anaheim 2015, and I finally made my dream gold handmaiden costume



A wonderful part of Celebrations is to team up with people who costume the same costume as you.


London 2016 was my first Running of the Hoods, and I was made a meme

Celebration is mostly about hanging out with friends though

My Tudor Leia made me have a bit more fun with costuming and doing cross-overs insted of perfect screen accurate things.

Orlando 2017, and the fun thing is last time in Chicago me and Holly recognized each other by our hair colours!

Me and Ryan had matching moustaches for the Running of the Hood

It's something special to gather so many SW fans in one place. Nowadays I feel that the huge group photos are a bit too much of a hazzle and I only do them if they don't clash with anything else.

The Cloud Riders group in Chicago 2019. I really should finish up my Enfys Nest costume, and seeing this photo inspired me for it.
This is probably the biggest Nordic Garrison group photo we have managed on a US Celebration


As much as I love my NG/NB people it's even more fun to meet up with the people you only meet at a Celebration, like Jenna (Song of Amazon)

It is fun looking back at all these photos. I also see my own costuming journey, where I think I have moved on a bit from making a new costume for every Celebration, and more doing my own thing. Still with two years to go until the next Celebration I will probably come up with something new to wear. It's also a fact that I have gained so much weight that I can't use many of the costumes that I'm wearing in the photos above.


Me and David, my convention travel partner since 2004 was at our classiest at the 501st party in Anaheim 2015. He said he was going to bring his top hat - well I didn't want to feel underdressed

Here are links to my Celebration reports that I've posted on this blog

2015

2016

2017

2019


No comments:

Post a Comment