Friday 6 November 2020

Photos for an exhbition

 On December 5th the county museum, Dalarnas museum, opens and exhibition Gustav Vasa. Gustav Vasa's adventures through Dalarna on his quest to gather followers and oust the Danish king is a big thing in Swedish history, but even more so in Dalarna. It is an ingrained part of the folk memory an folk traditions in the region, no matter if they are true or not. Then of course Gustav Vasa is seen as the creator of the modern national state of Sweden, despite also being a terrible tyrant. Anyway, there are actually two exhibits. One is a travelling exhibition about Gustav Vasa and the quest for power, the other is made by the museum and is about the myths and legends in Dalarna. our 16th century guild, that is aiming to recreate the time of Gustav Vasa was asked if we could help out with showing how people would have been dressed in the time period. And earlier this week, myself, Linnea and Kål Henrik went down to the museum and had a quick photosession.


To represent the more local people in Dalarna at the time, I'm wearing my mustard kirtle, standard apron and new linen hood, over my smallest wulsthaube. We think this could werk well with a rich farmer or smaller master miner. Kål Henrik is showing off his footsoldier/farmer soldier, and Linnea is using her German town clothing to represent a woman from the top master miners' families.

We also brought our landsknecht garb with us to show off the contrast between the local people and those foreign people who were also in the country, mostly in the hunt for Gustav Vasa. 

I usually don't do landsknecht, but it was fun to dress up. I need to redo quite a few things on my green dress that I'm not happy with, but instead of remaking it into a more local fashion I'm thinking that I will keep it as a trossfrau gown so that I have an option for doing landsknecht when it's needed.

It will be fun to see how they use our photos in the exhibitions.


No comments:

Post a Comment