Tuesday 7 December 2021

The annual Christmas fair

 After a cancelled fair last year, due to the pandemic, work was back with a wonderful Christmas fair. I will say that it was the best weather in a very long time, it was really as romantic and picture perfect that you want a Christmas fair to be.

As usual my job was to make sure that there were historical characters running around. I first invited our 16th century guild, so they came and had a little camp on the outskirt of the market.



Then I was part of a group that recreated two scenes from the 17th century. And I was really happy to finally have clothes that I feel I can call 17th century without a bad conscience. I was using my yellow sleeveless kirtle and the reversible jacket that I made last winter and is a very generic 16th-18th century shape. I also wore the cap that I usually wear over my wulsthaube, and without the wulst it looked really good as a later cap. My goal for the year was to recreate a long cap seen in a drawing from the mine from 1683, but I simply didn't have thet time so that will be a future project.
Photo: Olle Ekman, Dalarnas Tidningar



This is from when we did our dramatized scenes. The other women have some decent clothes, except for the caps but I still felt the caps were better than just using a shawl, they are also sitting a bit strange since it was cold and they wanted to wear knitted caps under their white ones. The male costume needs to get a pair of warmer breeches to look better, it was too cold for the very thin breeches that we have in our little costume wardrobe.
This was from earlier in the week, when I didn't have time to put te neckerchief on.








No comments:

Post a Comment