Thursday 10 November 2022

My wedding attire - part one

 It has taken me quite a while to write about my wedding gown, but I just got the photos from the photographer, so here is the rundown of what I wore on my wedding gown.

Underwear

For the underwear I used my new set of 1916 underwear, I have a whole blog post about them here. The petticoat was starched so stiff that it could basically stand on its own, and it got a wonderful volume and ruffling sound from the starch.



When doing the 1917 combinations I had been worrying about the crotch flap, and if it would protect my thighs from chafing. I had to move the buttons, when I realized that I would not be able to close the buttons myself in the position that they were. Well on the wedding day the buttons came undone anyway, so now I am thinking about simply removing the crotch flap and use it as s simple chemise instead. I didn't get chafing though, or maybe I didn't notice because I was so happy.

Shoes

My favorite shoe brand is Irregular Choice and as soon as I got engaged I knew that I wanted to get married in a pair of Irregular Choice shoes. I had my eyes out for their wedding shoes, but in the end I they didn't feel quite right. In the end I was happy to find a a pair of Razzle Dazzle in gold and with rainbow accents. Those where not in the current collection, but I found them at a Swedish retailer that apparently had older collections still on sale.


Since our colours were purple and gold I felt that the purple in the rainbow was close enough and the shoes were definitely gold.

Flowers

My sister did all the flowers. I basically gave her very free hands, but said that I wanted the flowers to go in purple and lilac with maybe some burgundy accents and I didn't want white. I also wanted a drop shaped bouquet.

Hair, tiara and veil

It took me a really long time to decide what I wanted in my hair. For a while I thought about borrowing the church's wedding crown, which is a traditional Swedish thing to do, but the crown in the church where we were getting married is too much of a fairytale princess crown. To be honest it reminded me too much of the crown I use for my Princess Daisy cosplay. In the end I found a tiara on Nordic Wedding Outlet that wasn't too blingy, and that I felt would look good. I didn't want a tiara with a lot of crystals or rhine stones. I also found my veil there. I could probably have made the veil myself, but decided that was worth it to buy it, so I didn't have to struggle with binding the edges. I found one veil that was just down to my feet, actually few cm of train, and that was what I wanted. Since it wasn't a long train I kept the veil on until it was time to dance, because it wasn't in the way at all.




I kept the hair simple, with just a mass of tight curls that stayed together, and just a bit of teasing to have something to attach the tiara and the veil to.

No comments:

Post a Comment