Wednesday 3 January 2024

costume plans 2024

 So what am I looking forward to make in 2024? My body is going through changes, and I will probably not get my final body shape and weight after my operation this year. The normal development is that a person that has gone through with a gastric bypass first looses around 20% of the weight, and then they gain some back again before stabilizing. With that being said I want to make new costumes, but I need to make costumes that are adjustable and not too depending on fit. 

My main cosplay plan for the year is to finally finish my new AOTC female Tusken raider.

It's been on my list so many years, but this time I feel that I am serious and I want to have it finished for Närcon in the summer. It is a totally new build, I will basically just keep the boots, gloves and the pouch. Or rather I will finish the pouch that I started with on one of my earlier attempts to remake it. 

Then David is coming with me to medieval week, and he has said that he wants to have a landsknecht outfit. Well first he said that he wanted to make one himself, but it will be me who makes it. He also needs two more shifts to wear with his costumes, so that he can change during the week.

He has said the he would like a pink costume, but we haven't decided on other design choices. I also hope that I will remake my half-finsihed pink trossfrau for myself, so that we can match each other during medieval week. 

I have some loose other plans, some cosplay and an idea for a new trossfrau in case I decide to go to a huge event in early 1525, but I will see if inspiration comes. It's also a question of my budget this year being a bit tight, since I have been on sick leave after my operation and needs to get my finances back in shape after that. For a costume it is also obvious how the inflation and low worth of the Swedish krona has made buying fabric and cosplay supplies a lot more expensive. 


No comments:

Post a Comment