Sunday 26 January 2014

shopping for materials

It's that time of the month when I have received a new paycheck and it's time to order the stuff I've been daydreaming about. I also had my sister over a couple of hours. She wants to make her first corset, so we ordered things for that as well. She isn't going to do an historical corset, but she is going to use Truly Victorian 110.

When the stuff we delivered arrives I should be able to start on my new pair of stays, and also have the material needed to start with the 1787 revolutionary gown.

Also I told her not to order any boning until she has finished sewing the corset together, so that she will now what lengths she need. That means that she needs to make another order, and I'm hoping that I will be able to order everything that I need for my gigantic hat to wear with the revolutionary.

Well, I'm excited, and I can't wait until the materials get delivered. I might start with cutting out the pattern for the stays though, since I'm going to use a new version of my Reconstructing History pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment