Sunday 4 January 2015

Costume plans for 2015

So it's time to sit down and think about what I want to do this year. In 2014 I deviated a lot from this list, but it's always interesting to go back and see how your plans and the actual outcome deviated. I will try to include the HSF2015 challenges that I have already planned in this list.

Star Wars
Gold Handmaiden - according to my 2014 plan this one should have been done by now. I have started on it though, and this will be my main focus until April.
Tusken female - she's been on my to-do list for so long, and when I ran around in my jawa 2014 I really missed having a masked character.
Possible TFA costume. The Force Awakens will premiere in December, so far I haven't seen any pictures of exciting costumes, but I need to be realistic and put space in my costume planning for it. It would be so fun wearing a TFA costume to the premiere.

18th century
A working pair of stays - I'm not happy with any of my pairs, so I really need a well fitting pair.
Pocket hoops
Pet en l'air - One day I want to make a full robe à la francaise, and I think a jacket is a good start to learn the techniques. Also jackets are more usable than full robes
Pierrot jacket 

19th century
I'm not really planning anything, but I have enough black fabric left from my 1895 skirt that it would be fun to make a matching bodice to it.

UFO
Queen Elsa - I want to finish this one this year.

Touch ups
My Amidala purple travel gown could really need some touch ups. I have material for a new veil and hairbags.

Skills
One thing I really need to come to terms with this year though is sleeves. I need to put some time and energy into finally getting a sleeve pattern that actually fits.

No comments:

Post a Comment