I'm on my way to Star Wars Celebration, but on the way I stopped by Uppsala, and it just happened that today some of my friends in historical costuming had a day for making hats. So I stopped by a store and bought a floppy straw hat, then I spent the day cutting off a part of the crown and flattening it before reattaching it. I also sewed two rows of millinery wire to make it less floppy. So now I have a base and it is just to trim it.
One of the persons there was also kind and gave me a copy of a pattern for a tricorne hat, so now I know what I'm going to do for the HSM challenge when I get back.
See you all again in two weeks or so.