Thursday 13 August 2015

Plastique Fantastique Pique Nique

When I heard about this event back in spring I knew that I had to go. The description, loosely translated from Swedish is as follows:
Worried that you are not historically correct? Have ever dreamt about that gorgeous Marie Antoinetee Creation in white, shiny nylon? Now it's time to throw away the stays and silk. Dress in polyester and velcro!
Dresscode: 18th Century, with at least shiny nylon wig, preferably white our pastel coloured. Crushed velvet is underated as a fabric choice, and if you use natural materials make sure that you hide them well.
I'm looking forward to emptying my stash from some of those shiny satins that I've picked up over the years, and I want to go totally overboard with this.

As it is now my colour scheme will be gold, black and red, but we'll see what happens.

And just for inspiration here is what you get when you google "Marie Antoinette Costume"




No comments:

Post a Comment