Tuesday, 5 April 2016

A tablet envelope

The HSM challenge for March was protection and even if I didn't finish anything historical I did something protective. A couple of months ago I got a tablet. It has a weird size though so I haven't found a good looking cover for it. I want to be able to wear it in my handbag without scratching it so now I decided to make my own personal cover for it.

The construction is simple. I cut out a long rectangle of an outer fabric and a piece of lining gabric 2/3 of the outer fabric. I then sandwiched a layer of poly padding between them. I quilted the pieces by running a series of straight lines over all the layers. I strengthened the unlined 1/3 with a piece of fusible interfacing and closed the envelope by binding the sides with some cotton bias tape.


Inside of the closing flap

No comments:

Post a Comment