Friday 1 July 2016

I'm going to be in the Celebraton Cosplay contest

This week I got really surprised when I got an email saying that I had been accepted into the Star Wars Celebration Cosplay Contest, or Star Wars Celebration Europé Cosplay Championships as they officially call it. I had sent in my application back in February, but I hadn't heard anything, and in fact I had thought about withdrawing my application. Being in the contest would mean I had to pack the gold handmaiden, at the expense of a easier and more "fun" costume, and also it would mean that I set off the whole Friday for just the contest. Still when I got the email I felt quite honoured, and now when I've been accepted, of course I'm going to go through and take part.

My plan is to take the next weekend and go over to see if I can fix some things, including being able to actually walk in it, and also take the time to make a proper documentation on how I made the whole costume.

I don't think I'm going to win, there are usually such wonderfully made Amidala costumes with a higher degree of technical skills than me, but it's still an honour to have been selected.

No comments:

Post a Comment