Friday 15 December 2017

A quick apron for Mrs. Santa Clause

With The Last Jedi premiere over and done with it's time for me to clean up my workspace, which has taken up my whole living room, and prepare for Christmas. I can definitely say that this is a year when it would have been nice if Chrismas Eve hadn't been on the fourth of advent, basically robbing me of one week to prepare.

Anyway I have some small things to post about before it's time to summarize my costume year.

At my job we have one of the largest Christmas fair's in central Sweden on the second of advent. We go all traditional on it, and our Santas are traditional Swedish Santas or rather Tomtar/Nissar. You can read up on them here.

This year our Tomtar were to be outside the whole time, so they needed a new warmer wardrobe. Most of their clothes were bought, but when our female tomte needed a new apron, and we found a nice green fabric in the storage I sewed one for her.


It was a nice wool fabric in green with yellow and wine coloured stripes. It's pleated to a waistband in the same material. All sewn on machine.

I didn't get any photos of our female tomte, but here is one of our male tomtar wishing you a Merry Christmas.



No comments:

Post a Comment