Saturday 2 November 2019

Spirit of the Mine 2019

Over the autumn school holiday and Halloween we have special tours in the mine that talk about the scarier histories. This is the time when actually talk about gruesome deaths and the mine spirit - the Lady of the Mine/Gruvfrun also makes an appearance.

I like playing the Lady of the Mine, but I have to work with what we have. There is an old white gown that has been used for a very long time in the mine and last year I bought several meters of organza to use for these special tours. I don't like the Lady being only dressed in white, since that according to folklore is a special sign and there are other stories of her being dressed as a rich woman in colorful clothes. Also during the tour I need to be able to run, quickly get out of the gown and back in again, so it still needed to be a loose garment. The solution was to simply pin swathes of organza on the white gown. My aim was to make the skirt look like she grew out of the floor and took a solid shape just above the waist

I also brought with me my own make up to try and paint her. I did use some UV paints in red and yellow to accent some features, because I show up in the dark in a segment. That's why I have a red stripe on my nose, but I still thought it looked good.

This is what I ended up looking like. The photos are taken with my phone, so they are a bit washed out, my hair and the organza are much brighter in real life.



And for some mysterious vibes



No comments:

Post a Comment