Friday 3 April 2020

1890's summer photos in the snow

Today my work had decided to do our photos for the upcoming summer and the 1897 miner's home that we are going to have open for the visitors. There were some challenges, like the house not being finished and the clothes not having arrived, and last but not least the fact that the winter decided to make a comeback and there was a layer of snow in the ground.

The lack of clothes was fixed by me bringing my own 1890s clothes, I am planning to wear them in this setting as well. I wasn't wearing the clothes, I'm simply used too much when it comes to publicity and it would be more about me than the character. Also my hair is stil bright pink and red, something that I will change before the summer but not yet. Thankfully we had the great Tilda who came, fitted in the clothes and was a real champion in the quite cold weather, it was also really windy.


She is wearing my Edwardian shirtwaist, a generic skirt  made from a pair of curtains and my timeless linen apron (that I'm using for everything from the Middle Ages until today).



It looks so fun pretending to have a nice and warm summer day, while the crew is wearing winter clothes and there is snow on the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment