Friday 10 April 2020

Easter weekend is costuming weekend

Looking back the last few years Easter has been one of my most productive days of the year. The reason is pretty simple. The rest of the family has gone up to our mountain cabin, while I have been taking care of my mother's cats in her house. That means that I have had four days on my own in a house, with a big dining table and lot of floor space compared to my apartment, and with just limited internet access. This year though for obvious reasons we are staying at home, so I dont have access to the space, and we are also planning a lunch on Saturday, where the younger part of the family is outside on the veranda while my mother stays inside so we can keep the distance.

Still I want to do something, and I have decided that it's time to do take two on my 16th century court gown. That means that I will put away Daisy for a while, until I find inspiration to finish her. We will see how far I have come when it's time to go back to work on Tuesday.

And for a look back here are my last Easter projects.

2019 - Restarted Lady Poe by making the petticoat and draping the robe.
2018 - A gollar with a fur edge
2017 - I was at Star Wars Celebration in Orlando
2016 - I painted my X-wing helmet
2015 - I was cramming my Gold Handmaiden to have it finished before Celebration Anaheim

No comments:

Post a Comment