Sunday 26 July 2020

An evening in the woods

In January our group of 1520's enthusiasts had our celebration of Sten Sture's leg. We made so many plans for the spring and summer and what we would do. Well about a month later COVID came and everything got cancelled. Last weekend we met up again though and had a small feast outside in the forest. It was great meeting up again and have fun in 16th century clothing. I like being a viking, but the 16th century is where I feel most at home when it comes to reenacting.


We started off the evening with axe throwing and "parrot shooting", which was traditional when the original S:t Örjen's guild (the local St. George's guild) met for feasts. I like this photo since it actually looks like I have an idea of what I'm doing. I did hit the parrot target, but mainly because it was big, really close and I had three tries. The photo also shows the fit of the bodice really well, it's not usual that I have photos with my arms lifted.


The guild feast was a reason for me to experiment with bread, and I brought it with me. Comments were made about dwarf bread and the possibilty to use the bread as a projectile weapon, but they say it tasted good.


The rest of the food was done on the grills that were set up.


I wore my mustard kirtle with unbleached smocked shift and apron, which I think is the most suitable for a Swedish woman in the region. It got colder so I also wore my gollar and on my head I used my newest wulsthaube, that I just realised that I haven't written about. I love how the colours of the outfit came out in this photo.



No comments:

Post a Comment