Sunday 18 October 2020

Finishing stretches of the court gown

 So I am going to meet a photographer on Saturday, that means that I need to have the court gown in a wearable state.

Status report

Gown - I spent almost the whole weekend hemming it, it's not quite finished, but just one or two hours left to do.  I also need to permanently attach the velvet ribbons that tie the sleeves together, and add bead caps to them. 

Gold hood - 


I have one section left, it is outside of the frame so I couldn't do it while the whole piece waas still attached. I have now removed the fabric from the frame, and realised just how heavy all the gold thread is. I need to finish the secion, and then add a border to all the edges. I have added some semi-precious stones (garnet and carneol) after insipration from the Cranach painting, but I'm really unsure if I like them or not.

Shift - I need to wear a shift underneath it all. I have started on a shift with silk embroideries, but for the photoshoot on Saturday I'm thinking of repurposing one of my old shift, and I need to decide if I have time to upcycle it a bit more.
 
Cape - the cape needs its fur lining. I haven't posted about it yet, I'm planning to put everything with the cape in one post in the future. I don't thinkthe cape is necessary though so I will only finish it if I get all the other stuff done first. 


No comments:

Post a Comment