Thursday 8 October 2020

Sometimes it feels good to redo things

 In my last update I posted a photo of where I was with the embroidery and that I was using double couching.



That was basically me trying to convince myself that it looked good. Tonight I finshed the first shape, and I simply wasn't happy with it. So I simply took away the double couching thread, and it hurt to do that when I only have a limited supply of the thread. I tried to save as much as I could, but a lot of it was destroyed. 


Without the double couching the gold thread lies much smoother and I'm much happier with it, even if I now have to figure out how I'm going to make sure that the threads don't move when they don't have the extra couching thread on them.


Still it actually felt good to rip out and go back to what it was before I did the double couching.

No comments:

Post a Comment