Saturday 31 December 2022

The yearly recap - what did I do 2022?

 Looking back at 2022 my feeling is that I didn't do much, but what I did I was spectacular.

The honest reason why my productivity has gone down is simple - I'm in a partnership now and there simply aren't as many evenings by myself where I don't do anything but watch TV and sew costumes. I still haven't really found the balance, where I can get time to do make things, in my new life situation.

The other thing is that I do have issues with my weight. I am not happy with how I look right now, and I don't feel inspired to make new costumes for my body at the moment. I am very grateful that I have been referred to a medical investigation on why I am just gaining weight all the time. It is really nice to be with a medical team that doesn't judge or simply say that I need to eat less and move myself more, considering that I eat healthier and excercise more than a lot of people that don't have weight issues. I am really hoping that we will find something to help me take control over my body again in the coming year.

Anyway, on a more positive note here is what I did get done:

The first part of the year was spent making sure that my lovely David would be able to join the feasts with our 16th century guild.

It started with me remaking one of my old shifts into a smocked man's shirt.

Then our first guild feast of the year was in January, and with restrictions back in force he needed something to survive a Swedish winter evening outside. I made a quite generic wool jacket. It's reversible so he can wear either the black or red side out. It isn't based on any particular year or painting, but works well for late medieval.


Later in the year his mother gave me a gorgeous sand coloured wool that I turned into an early 16th century coat for him.


Between his two jackets I turned 40 and made an 18th century pair of stays and a jacket for my birthday party.



Then it was time to turn my attention to the main object of the year - my wedding attire. I started with making a full new set of 1910s underwear.


And then it was the wedding gown itself, made from 6 m of duchesse silk satin, purple/gold silk brocade and a full set of handmade buttons of the same fabric as the dress. I was really happy with the result, and the day was just wonderful.






So maybe it wasn't such an unproductive year anyway, even if I didn't get any cosplay projects done.


No comments:

Post a Comment