Sunday 1 January 2023

Plans for 2023

 As I said in my last post, where I recapped 2022, I haven't really found a balance to fit creating things into my new life in a partnership, and I am not happy with my body anymore. Due to that I don't really have a lot of plans for the coming year, but there are two events that will probably be my focus.

First of all there is the Celebration Europe over Easter, so April. I don't plan on any new proper costumes, but I would like to do some fun fandom fashion thing. I fell in love with some Star Wars costumes, mainly from the TV series Andor and Kenobi, in 2023 but they are simply too complicated and the fabric would be too expensive for me to manage to finish them before April. So something fun and comfortable is the plan.

Then in June there are the big 500th anniversary of king Gustavus Vasa becoming king, and I am involved in the project group that will recreate is parade in Stockholm around Midsummer. That means that I and my husband need something suitable to wear. My plan is to either finish my pink gown, that I got into a wearable but not finished state in Visy in 2022, or see if I can remake my courtgown to fit me, since I have added a lot of weight since 2020 when I made it.

For my husband I will need to make him a proper pair of 16th century trousers or hose, we haven't agree on if he would accept wearing hose and codpiece yet, and he needs some nice headgear. I also want to remake the closure of his coat.

I think I will stop from doing any other great plans, and simply see if I get inspiration to make something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment