Monday 7 January 2019

Enfys Nest jumpsuit part 1

This weekend the Cosplay Dalarna network had a whole day of crafting, and I could start on Enfys Nest for real. The goal for me was to get most of the jumpsuit done, and I did get all the parts that need a lot of floor space cut out.

I started with my standard vintage overall pattern. I knew it was going to be too small, and since I didn't have a lot of muslin fabric to work with I decided to expand it a lot, since it's easier to take it in than the other way around.


Ok, I maybe overdid it and had to take it in a lot. In the end though I had a fairly loose fitting overall, with some shaping at the waist.

The shaping at the waist
I then drew all the seam lines I wanted directly on to the fabric and cut it apart.


I'm using dark brown waxed cotton for the jumpsuit, with black twill for the details. I added the twill tape to the front by hand, since there are no visible seams on the reference photos. I wouldn't be surprised if the original piece has proper seams for the shaping, but I'm cheating and adding the twill tape on the top, there will also be decorative top stitching added later.

Front

Back pieces
The jumpsuit is still big, but the final fitting will be done when I sew it all together.


No comments:

Post a Comment