Sunday 7 March 2021

Starting the jedi outer tunic

 After finishing the inner yesterday I was on a bit of a roll. Today there has also been several long distance skiing competitions on TV, perfect to have in the background while you are working.


I kept working with the same dress pattern (Simple Sew - Lena). For this though from the side seam, instead of the curved armscye I simply angled a line outwards to get that extra fabric over the shoulder. This is needed to create the shoulder tuck that most, but not all jedi have.

There is a waist seam, and I used the skirt from the dress pattern as well. I had to make it bigger though, so I measured the bodice waist and enlarged the skirt pattern pieces so that they would fit. In the end I made the outer tunic a bit longer than I had planned, it goes to just below the knee. Since the hem is almost 3,5 m it has a really nice flow though, and I think it will look really nice together with the skirt that I'm planning on using. 

Now it's just the sleeves and closure to go, and then it's time for the tabards and obi.

No comments:

Post a Comment