Wednesday 24 March 2021

jedi softparts finished

 So I consider myself finished with all the soft parts, even if I'm going to ask for feedback over at the Rebel Legion forums.

The tabards started out as simple strips of fabric. They are connected with a seam at the shoulder, since I wanted them to be quite long. After advice from a jedi costumer I made the tabards double. The bottom parts have a tendency to flip up and show the underside, so I wanted them to look the same. At the waist they are connected with a strip of fabric to also keep them in position, and you can also see that there is a seam there.
The seam is from darts, one for each tabard both back and front. This corrects the angle of the lower part of the tabards, so that they don't cross but hang parallell to each other. This dart took quite some time to get right, and I had to test it over and over again while wearing the tabards. 
Since I didn't have a lot of fabric I had to use the fabric with the dye stains. I have them on the underside of the top where they aren't visible though. The tabards are kept in position by two snaps on each shoulder, that connect to the outer tunic.

The obi
The obi is also in two layers, and here I didn't have enough left of the outer fabric to make it double, so I used a sturdy cotton instead. The cotton lining was shaped to fit with darts.
I didn't want to have any visible seams on the obi, so the outer side is gathered at the top to fit to the lining. The obi is closed with velcro, to make it easy to adjust if I gain or loose weight and depending on how much I'm wearing under the obi.

This is me taking some quick selfies with my phone

The undertunic and skirt
With the outer tunic






No comments:

Post a Comment