Saturday 10 April 2021

Edwardian underwear

 Last summer I made some Edwardian underwear, a petticoat and a corset cover. The only photo I had of them though was a bad mirror selfie, in my dirty mirror.

Today I finally got a chance to dress up in them and take some photos. 

The petticoat still held its shape and was nice and stiff from the starching I did last summer.

The photo was taken on my mother's porch, in typical April weather that contained snow/hail/thunder and glaring sunshine almost all at once. I also borrowed the shoes from her. they are a bit big on me, but that also meant that I could wear my white folk costume knitted socks in them, and they were warm and comfy on a day like this.


2 comments:

  1. So light and fluffy looking! I really love the look of Edwardian underthings, it's lovely that even though people wouldn't see them, a lot of work was put into them. Talk about treating yourself right!

    ReplyDelete