Sunday 2 January 2022

Plans for 2022

 Even if I haven't done a lot of costuming in 2021, costuming is a big part of my life and I for 2022 I have a few big projects planned. For the first time since 2005 I will not be able to attend Star Wars Celebration, they moved it to a date when I can't get time off from work. Still with what the world looks right now with the pandemic raging I'm happy that I didn't have to decide myself if I should go or not. That means though that I doubt that I will do any Star Wars projects this year.

1. A male farmer's outfit for 1520

Me and my fiance are going to the traditional winter feast with our 16th century guild, so I need to get him something wearable until then. I am remaking one of my old shifts and then I need to sew a pair of hose. If I have time I would love to make a jacket, but realistically I will be happy if he can go in shift and hose.

Deadline: January 22

2. 1780s outfit



I'm celebrating my 40th birthday in March and I am planning a party and what to wear. I would love to make a new 1780s/Star Wars mash-up for that. I had planned to make it for the next Star Wars Celebration, but since I can't go there this would be a fun thing to wear it to. I have outgrown all my 18th century undwear so I need to make new stays, a new shift, new petticoats and a new bumroll. So basically I need to make a new 18th century outfit from scratch.

Deadline: March 19

3. Winter Daisy



I still want to make Princess Daisy from SuperMario at the Olympics. It's basicallt a tunic and leggings, but this will only be if I really feel that I have extra time.

Deadline: NärCon last weekend in July.

4. New 16th century outfit

At Medieval week I was well dressed, but I was jealous with all the beautiful women wearing trossfrau gowns. My inspiration will still be something more suitable to Swedish upper/middle class, but I want to make a new gown that I feel nice in.

Deadline: Medieval Week early August

5. Wedding gown

I am getting married next year, so all other projects will stand back for my wedding gown. I have a plan already, and it's not going to be an historical gown. It will take historical inspiration though, so that means proper underpinnings to make it look good. I will probably not post a lot about it until it is finished, but I am planning on starting this project in March, just when I'm finished with the 18th century project.

No comments:

Post a Comment