Monday 31 December 2018

#costumingyearinreview favorite look

Theme of the day: Favorite look.

It's always so hard to pick, but in the end I have chosen my two favorite looks, one historical and one cosplay.

Favorite historical look: My 1520s Master Miner's wife

I love this outfit, even more now that I have an even better apron compared to when this photo was taken. It's also very emotional, since the early 16th century is my absolute favorite time period and to base a costume around what people you have read so much about would have worn is a lot bigger than just picking a dress and recreate just because it looks nice.

Favorite cosplay: Melisandre


Melisandre is something totally different. I chose the costume even if I don't like the character, I just wanted to be able to wear my natural hair and not bother about wigs, extensions or basically any styling. It's not even finished, since I wasn't able to dye the fabric for the outer coat but I still love it anyway. I look good in it, it's a fun character to cosplay and it's so comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment