Sunday, 10 November 2013

Nini Legs-in-the-air Windmill gown

So as mentioned previously I wanted to make a proper cancan gown. The plans were great, the execution not so much. I used decent fabric, but I couldn't get the bodice tight enough, so wrinkles. I never had time to finish the ruffles on the petticoat, and there are a lot of loose threads everywhere, since I just tried to zick-zack the edges of the fabric and cut off most, but definitely not all of them. There are windmills on the skirt, but they look quite crooked.

Original costume
November 2005

Status: non-existing

I still have the petticoat though, and it's a great base for fantasy/gypsy-inspired costumes.

No comments:

Post a Comment