Friday 27 December 2019

Christmas celebrations

The Christmas days are over, and this year I celebrated Christmas in a new skirt.


This is one of the best skirts that I have made in a long time, because I actually took my time with it. It's made from a fabric that I found on spoonflower. Since it had a very clear pattern on it I wanted to keep it all on even rows. I simply took two lengths of fabric and pleated them into a waistband, I added a hidden zipper and hook and bar in one of the side seams. To make it easy I even hemmed the lengths before I added them to the waistband.

It's bad light, but this is the photo that best shows off the volume. I'm wearing my shortest and poufiest tuille petticoat under it. I just loved twirling around in the skirt all Christmas. The shoes I'm wearing are my Christmas gift to myself, a pair of Irregular Choice Sweet Ginger Love. I got a pair of big pink, fluffy Christmas tree earings from my aunt and they were perfect with this pink/purple floofyness.

Talking about Christmas gifts, this is my haul with gifts in connection with food and sewing.

There are two things that will probably be seen later on this blog - The official Downton Abbey cookbook, filled with wonderful Edwardian recipes and the bundles of lace at the bottom of the photo. It's bobbin lace, and my sister has made it herself, which must have taken her soooooo many hours since the lace is so fine. Two of the lengths will go to the shirt for my folk costume, so now I need to buy fabric and make a new one, and the third length is just a general lace that can go on anything.

I hope all of you who are celebrating also had a nice Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment