Monday 30 December 2019

Costuming year in review - achievements

There is one field of my costuming where I really feel that I took a leap forward, and that was with 18th century hair. I first used pomatum (or rather cold cream) and hair powder, and I managed to get good looking hairstyles that held.

I'm most happy with the tete a mouton style I did for the 1762 ball.



One thing I did realize though is that my hair is actually too long to make the big, poofy hairstyles of the 1780s, the classic hogs. The length of my hair weighs down the curls, if it was 10-15 cm shorter it would stay a lot more upright. I'm not going to cut it off though, especially since you need the length in the back and I don't want to wear a mullet jus to look good at a few events every year.

No comments:

Post a Comment