Thursday 19 December 2019

TFA Leia makes a comeback for TROS

Today The Rise of Skywalker premieres in the US, but I have already seen it twice since it premiered yesterday in Europe, and I got the chance to see the VIP preview on Tuesday. I hadn't planned at trooping the premiere, for the first time ever. But after some coaxing I reached out to our local cinema in Falun, and they were happy to have us there.

Now I have complained that I am a bit bored with my X-wing. I then realised that I had fabric that I had saved for remaking my TFA jumpsuit. My original jumpsuit was made in a dreadful plastic fabric, and it had also mysterously shrunk around my tummy and hips. In fact I was surpised that I could paut it on at all. This new fabric I had was a thin cotton with a slight stretch in it. I had bought it for Admiral Daala, but when it arrived I thought it was too light and I also saw that it would be a lot better for TFA Leia. Well now it was time to finally remake the jumpsuit. I simply cut up my old jumpsuit to use as a pattern and added some cm in every seam to make it bigger, and then I sewed it together. This was done in two evenings, so I was in a rush and didn't have time to take photos. It worked fine except for the collar that ended up a bit too big, I might redo it in the future.



The vest and belt still fit, thankfully. The boots were too small at the top, so I couldn't zip them all the way up, but I don't think anyone noticed that. Wearing the boots I remembered just how comfortable they are, so I'm seriously thinking about bringing them to a local cobbler and have them fitted again. Then it was the hair. I haven't done the hair in more than three years, and since I was working in the morning and then stressing to have lunch and show up for the first showing I had a full 15 minutes to make it. It's ok, but it definitely got a bit too poofy. All the photos are taken at the end of the evening, when the twists had started to unravel and gotten even poofier. The hair was tighter earlier in the day.

The troop itself was easy. I was by myself for the first showings, I saw the very first one. Since it was just me I helped to scan the tickets for all the people going to see Rise of Skywalker. Later in the evening I was joined by Alexandra as senatorial Leia.

Early evening, less poofy hair


We have our scanners ready for the people going to the late show
After we had let the last people in we decided to also have some fun up in the machine room of the cinema, since we had to pass it on or way. I also got to borrow Alexandra's blaster.



And to finish it up we joked about the fact that I had gotten into costume at home and then taken my bike to the cinema. So Leia on a "not-exactly-speedy"-bike.

Still aiming better than stormtroopers

I really enjoyed trooping in TFA Leia again. The new jumpsuit was really comfy and cool, in fact it was quite cold riding my bike in it in sub-zero temperatures. I need to practice the hair and make it better, and fix the boots, but then I'm definitely going to use this costume more in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment