Tuesday 17 July 2018

Starting Melisandre's necklace

One of the defining pieces of Melisandre is her big necklace wth a really big red jewel in the middle.

A friend of mine was really nice and printed a version of the necklace, that could be found on thingiverse. But then I decided to try and make my own version of it.

I started with making a hexagonal shape in paint and print it as a template. I then cut it out in clear worbla.


The worbla has been rolled up, and I decided to use the curved shape as it was, to help with shaping it around the neck.


Then I cut out the middle. To be honest I made the whole in the middle a bit smaller than it should be, but I didn't want to make the worbla too weak, by having long thing pieces.

I then took some brass wire and used it to tie the pieces together.


As of now I'm thinking how I should go on. The original neclace has some round dots around the heaxagons. At the moment it is also quite itchy, with the sharp points. I'm thinking about maybe making the points less sharp.

Then of course I need to make the red jewel and add it to the necklace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment