Tuesday 3 July 2018

Hanging around Tuna Ting

This weekend it was Tuna Ting. Tuna Ting is the small medieval fair outside Borlänge, and two of the members of Cosplay Dalarna are part of the organizers for it. Last year me and Tom were there, and that was when I really discovered how fun it could be to be part of the whole experience of a medieval event, and not only there as a visitor for a few hours.

This year me, Linnea and Tom had planned to borrow a tent and stay overnight, but two of us were down sick just the days before, and we all agreed that it was nicer to sleep in our own beds. It only takes around 30 min to drive to Borlänge.

On Friday it was quite windy and cold, so it was a nice day to wear my green wool dress. I didn't take any photos of myself though.

Saturday and Sunday were warmer though so it was nice to use my new teal undergown. On Saturday we also stayed after closing and had dinner together with the organizers. Then I realized that I need to make a longer gollar or liripipe to wear around my neck and shoulders because it got cold in the evening.


Watching the jousting (which isn't really jousting since the knights are too young, but they show of a lot of the skills needed for a knight, except jousting each other)


Cosplay Dalarna had the best dressed people at the event.


Waiting for some food, I was really happy about this jug that I've found in my glass cabinet.


I had made the dessert for the evening. It's an apple pudding, where you simply cover and apple in dought and boil it for some hours. (I'm cheating and covering the puddings with foil and then bake them in the oven at 100 degrees). When it was time to eat we put the puddings on the grill so that they got hot, and then served them with a hard sauce of butter, honey, cinnamon and ginger. They were delicious!


It was cold, so I was happy to borrow a liripipe from Monica, even if it was a bit hard to get my head through the opening without ruining my turban.


Monica and Niklas had gotten their new tent, and here they are putting Tom to some work in it.


Tom was definitely more on the shady side of character at times.

It was a great weekend, but it's also nice to have an event so close by that I could sleep at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment